Sat, May 07|
Museum Docent Training
For all interested, we will have Docent training! Join us at the museum to learn more about local geology, dinosaur tracks, fossils, paleontology, and more! See about the event for more details.
Time & Location
May 07, 2022, 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM
Canyon Lake, 4831 FM2673, Canyon Lake, TX 78133, USA
About the Event
SAVE THE DATE: Saturday, 7 May 2022, 10 AM to 2:00 PM
WHERE; HMTHC Classroom Building
COST: $20.00 per person to cover the binder, flash drive, Docent Manual, and refreshments. $10 discount for a commitment to become an HMTHC docent (pays for a “Docent” badge too)! Lunch is not provided, so bring something to eat during a short break! Membership is not required to participate in the training. However, prospective docents will need to be Museum Association members. Applications will be available.
TRAINING: Aimed at Museum members interested in learning more about the Museum.
- LOCAL GEOLOGY: Information about Earth Science and the land forms, fossils, geologic processes, and physical characteristics of central Texas, including geologic time, the rock cycle, and the local landscape.
- DINOSAUR TRACKS: What you can learn; analyzing a site; replicating a track.
- FOSSILS: Classification of fossils and examples of local and regional fossils.
- EVOLUTION: What science tells us.
- NEW DISCOVERIES IN PALEONTOLOGY: Color; extinction; flight, digestion; global cooling.
- SPILLWAY GORGE
- RIVER CHASE SITE
- COFFEE HOLLOW SITE
- HISTORY OF HMTHC & ADMINISTRATION: Museum Gift Shop / Office operations, after lunch break for those continuing the session to become Docents.
PROVIDED for each attendee:
- Large notebook with reproducible-quality handouts
- Flash Drive with PowerPoint files will be available
- Refreshments, coffee, and soft drinks
PRE-REGISTRATION WILL BE REQUIRED. Please provide your name, email address, and telephone number, to Rich Ferguson, cell 210-269-4006, or by email to email@example.com. Due to limited seating, the class may be limited to the first 10 students/prospective Docents to sign up.
+$0.50 service fee
COST: $20.00 per person to cover the binder, flash drive, Docent Manual, and refreshments. $10 discount for a commitment to become an HMTHC docent (pays for “Docent” badge too)! Prospective Docents must be Museum Association members. Applications will be available. Lunch is not provided, so bring something to eat during a short break!
+$0.50 service fee0